Oct 6, 2016

"HOLY SCHNITZEL" - Porktoberfest 2016 - Part 1

* Stop #1 of my 2016 Porktoberfest adventure. 

I was in Ottawa last week and was flying home Saturday so of course with it being October 1st we had to begin our 2016 Porktoberfest consumption as soon as I landed.

We'd both checked out the website and both agreed to start at The Old Triangle and tackle the "Holy Schnitzel."

Comprised of a 5 spice seasoned 5oz. pork tenderloin, hand breaded then fried to crispy schnitzel perfection. Topped with Maple glazed PEI bacon, vinaigrette style cabbage slaw, artisan greens, chipotle-apple-red pepper mayo and a balsamic-cranberry BBQ sauce all on a toasted ciabatta bun.

So with deep fried pork plus bacon, I knew I was in for a treat. It didn't disappoint.

The tenderloin was lightly breaded and very tender, the maple bacon was a treat and went very well with the BBQ sauce which was sweet and tangy. My only disappointment was the fact that my wife and I were splitting it so I only got 1/2, well close to 2/3's.

If you are in the Charlottetown area and looking to try out a Porktoberfest creation I'd highly recommend the Old Triangle. At $15.50 including a side it is a great deal and an awesome sammich.

Rating 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment